Your Application has been submitted successfully!
It is Venture Upward’s goal to support your family’s home-based education journey by:
- Providing funding for families to purchase educational materials for their students. (please note funding cannot be used to purchase religious materials)
- Providing families with a qualified mentor to support and advise you along the way. Teachers/mentors play a supporting role to parents who are always the primary teacher.
- Prioritizing flexibility by encouraging families to always choose a curriculum that best suits the needs of their students.
- Creating strong home education communities by providing free enrichment programming such as Venture School, fun field trips for the whole family, and engaging community service projects. We continue to monitor the COVID situation and will update families regarding these in-person activities as the year progresses.
As mentioned above, Venture Upward partners with Sequoia Choice Arizona Distance Learning (SCAZDL) to provide your family with this unique educational choice. Venture Upward agrees with SCAZDL, that all families deserve to choose the best learning environment for their child, which makes them an ideal partner! We are so excited to get this school year going!
Your enrollment in the program needs to be completed by registering with Sequoia choice. Follow the steps below to complete this process.
**Please note that the registration form Sequoia uses is standard for all of their programs and many of the questions do not apply to Venture students. Just mark N/A on any part that you’re not sure on. Wherever you have to select an option like walking home, just click any answer since it doesn’t apply, but a selection still needs to be made. Lastly, the section that talks about having something notarized is ONLY if you have no other proof of residence. If you have questions please reach out to Sequoia or myself.
Please be sure to monitor emails throughout this process, as important information will be sent via email.
- SCAZDL Registration
Sequoia Choice Arizona Distance Learning is our public partner school. Please see the registration link to begin. It is a relatively simple process but may require up to 30 minutes of your time. You can start the process and pause it at any time. Click HERE to register for SCAZDL
After registration, please be patient, and be sure to check your email and phone after you enroll as AZDL registrar will reach out to you with further instructions. This could take a few days, depending on enrollment timing. We will reach out if there are any issues!
- If you have any issues/questions specifically regarding your SCAZDL registration, please email Sandy Ramirez at email@example.com or call 480-630-6181. You can also always reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important information to note during your SCAZDL registration:
- Under the “Which Program are you interested in” select “Venture Upward” from the dropdown menu.
- Please make sure to have all needed documents on hand and email them to email@example.com soon after finishing the application.
- You will receive an email notification from SCAZDL, and I will be notified once your registration is complete. Upon this notification, we will reach out to you immediately to schedule your Mentored Academic Planning (MAP) Meeting with one of our teachers/mentors so that you can place your curriculum orders as soon as possible.
While you are waiting for your enrollment to be completed, please spend some time reviewing the Venture Upward Family Flyer. We also highly encourage you to begin thinking about what curriculum will work best for your student(s) and what additional learning materials you would like to order.
As you consider what curriculum options may be a good fit for your student. There are two curriculum paths to explore for each subject, which include Online Courses and our Venturing Ahead path (this is the path that allows you to use your own curriculum). It is also important to note that while all of the Venturing Ahead options are free to families, some of the online courses require you to use some of your Venture Reward. Your mentor will send “pricing” guides so that you can know exactly how much will be deducted from your Venture Reward.
As you explore your options for additional learning materials, please note the website and price (include shipping and tax) for each item you would like to order. Building an Amazon wish list (we do have Amazon Prime) or creating a wishlist/shopping cart for another store is a fantastic way to streamline the ordering process so that we can get those materials to you as quickly as possible. Be sure to explore the Venture Reward section on our website to explore the fun things you might add to your resource order!
I know this was a lot of information to take in! We will also be sending this same information to you via email! Please be sure to check your junk mail folders if you do not see it. Please remember that we are going to be with you every step of the way on this awesome adventure!