Every student that enrolls in Venture Upward in Minnesota will receive a Venture Reward! This reward is designed to provide families with educational resources such as a laptop, tablet, or additional learning materials meant to enrich their student’s educational experience.
Please note: religiously-based curriculum or materials may not be purchased with your Venture Reward, including A Beka, Apologia, Sonlight, and others. The purpose of the Venture Reward is to provide additional learning materials and educational resources directly related to the education of your student. The Venture Upward ordering team, district teachers, and VIBE principal must approve each Venture Reward order. Please keep in mind that any resources provided to families enrolled in the program (other than required consumables) are property of the district. Below, you will find general purchasing guidelines and suggestions:
- Computer, laptop, or tablet
- Textbooks, workbooks, books
- School supplies (including pencils, paper, notebooks, and so on)
- Art supplies
- Musical instruments (up to $400 per student) or supplies
- Printer or related printing supplies
- Microscopes, science supplies (non-edible)
- Subscription Boxes (Little Passports, Tinker Crates, Raddish Kids)
Ineligible items include but are not limited to:
- Food and groceries
- Participation fees for sports camps, athletic teams, or musical groups
- Zoo passes, museum passes, theater passes
- Religiously-based curriculum
- Third Party Courses (musical instrument, swimming, or karate lessons) Group activities (such as soccer teams or performing groups) do not qualify.
*Teachers/Mentors are always available to help clarify these guidelines and answer any questions about what items may or may not qualify for the Venture Reward.