Minnesota Venture Reward
Every student that enrolls in Venture Upward in Minnesota will receive a Venture Reward ($1,000 for grades K-8 ($500 each semester). This reward is designed to provide funding for families to purchase a laptop, tablet, or additional learning materials meant to enrich their student’s school year.
The Venture Upward ordering team, district teachers, and partner school principal must approve each Venture Reward order. Please keep in mind that any resources provided to families enrolled in the program are property of the district and must be returned if you decide to leave the program before the end of the school year. Please note: religiously-based curriculum or materials may not be purchased with your Venture Reward, including Abeka, Apologia, Sonlight, and others. Of course you are always welcome to purchase these on your own and continue working in them.
- Computer, laptop, or tablet
- Textbooks, workbooks, books
- School supplies (including pencils, paper, notebooks, and so on)
- Art supplies
- Musical instruments (up to $400 per student) or supplies
- Printer or related printing supplies
- Microscopes, science supplies (non-edible)
- Subscription Boxes (Little Passports, Tinker Crates, Raddish Kids)
- And more
- Food and groceries
- Participation fees for sports camps, athletic teams, or musical groups
- Zoo passes, museum passes, theater passes
- Religiously-based curriculum
- Third Party Courses (musical instrument, swimming, or karate lessons) Group activities (such as soccer teams or performing groups) do not qualify.
- Additional items may not be able to be funded at the discretion of Venture Upward and the district. Teachers are always available to help clarify these guidelines and answer any questions about what items may or may not qualify for the Venture Reward.
If you have any questions about what materials might be eligible for purchase with Venture Reward funds, please contact your teacher. If you do not yet have a teacher, you can reach us at email@example.com.